Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roll Roll Roll your Boat

My boat moves out to see the light of day.








The boat and jig together are pretty heavy.


I can not even lift one corner of the boat.


It feels like it is fastened to the ground.



I use pipes for rollers. Sally and Judy help me roll the boat out into the driveway.









Hoping for a soft landing.



Many thanks to my neighbors the Baldwins and the Ciolfis for their able assistance.


























Back to bed right side up.















Goodnight

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had been there to help...you know how good I am at such delicate maneuvers. It looks great, where's the engine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the look of it, you didn't have much of a gap to fill at the stem. :) It looks spectacular!

    I don't remember seeing so much flare in the bow when it was just the forms. Is that an optical illusion in the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike

    I wish you could a been there. I have thought about strapping two 15hp Johnsons on the transom and going wee haw.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark

    Sometimes when I look at the bow of the boat I can not believe I did that, or that the plywood did that. There is a crazy amount of curve going on up there. Some of the photos do seem to foreshorten the boat and exaggerate the curve.

    I was concerned the hull might explode when I removed the jig, but there was very little movement, just a few creaks.

    ReplyDelete